Monday, August 26, 2013

Evidence of achieving my writing goals

My writing goals are to use tidy handwriting.

My handwriting is getting tidier at handwriting time. Now my goal is to make it tidy at writing time as well.

To add more describing words to my writing.
I am still working on adding more adjectives to my writing I am going to try and add them in when I am proof reading to make my writing more interesting to read.

To use capital letters and full stops.

This is still my learning goal because I did not find any capital letters I only found a couple of full stops in my whole writing book. From now on I am going to go back and proof read after every sentence I write to help me remember to use my full stops and capital letters.                                                                      

Start using question marks, exclamation marks and speech marks in my writing.

I need to start using question marks and exclamation marks and speech marks in my writing book.   I haven't achieved my goal because when I look back in my reading book I can not find any work that shows using speech marks and question marks and speech marks and exclamation marks. I can proof read my work and add them in when I proof read.

My last writing goal is to start using language features like similes in my writing.



I am starting to use similes in my writing. Here is an example where I have compared my heart to a roaring train using the word 'like.' And running 'as' fast as a lightening bolt.






No comments:

Post a Comment